Re: Large transaction problem

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Large transaction problem
Date: 2004-11-12 15:57:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Nov 12, 2004 at 10:30:27AM -0500, Paul B. Anderson wrote:
> When the vacuum full timed out, could the exclusive lock have been left
> set, leaving the database in an unusable state?

No, but cancelling a VACUUM FULL takes a long time, in my experience,
and so the lock hangs around for quite a while.

> BTW, thanks. I removed the --full option.

My bet is that will help matters.

In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
--Brad Holland