Regional Press Contacts, Press Page Locations for 8.0

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: translators(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regional Press Contacts, Press Page Locations for 8.0
Date: 2004-11-11 01:22:04
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Folks,

Several of you have already contacted me to volunteer as regional press
contacts for 8.0. Before I finalize the list and send contact instructions,
I wanted to make sure we have all regions covered where we have someone (list
follows).

Secondly, I'd like to see some discussion for each region/language which has a
web site whether you want to put the press page in your language up on the
main postgresql site (www.postgresql.org) or whether you want it on your web
site. Here I'm thinking of: Poland, France, Russia, Sweden, Japan, Brazil,
the Spanish website, and German. Oddly, we seem to have Czech web site but
no volunteer Czech translator :-(

I tend to think that putting it on the regional web sites makes more sense,
though it would be administratively harder ...

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions