Re: Postresql RFD version 2.0 Help Wanted.

From: Joel <rees(at)ddcom(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Mike Cox <mikecoxlinux(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postresql RFD version 2.0 Help Wanted.
Date: 2004-11-09 01:59:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 12:55:06 -0800
Mike Cox <mikecoxlinux(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote

> There is also the point of having to post. If I post and I subscribe to the
> digest version or if I post with the option of no emails (since my inbox
> cannot handle the load), how would I respond to a thread I created? Would
> I have to create a new thread for each response nameing the Subject with
> the previous one, and prefixing it with "RE:"?
>
> The usenet experience is more seemless and efficient IMHO. That is why I
> rarely subscribe to mailing lists. The KLM (kernel mailing list) destroyed
> my inbox after a few hours and I bet the postgresql mailing list would do
> the same if I didn't delete my inbox within a few days.

postgresql-general averages in the light-to-moderate range, between 30
to 80 posts a day. It's not that bad, although it would not feel so
great if you were on dial-up.

Incidentally, there are several archives, including the one at

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=postgresql-general&r=1&w=2

which picks posts up very quickly.

Might be useful until a charter can be worked out that reflects the list
policies.

http://www.postgresql.org/lists.html
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/

For instance, as I understand it, you will need to specified that it is
moderated at the SPAM-block level.

Since they seem to be concerned about whether Marc (all by himself?)
would be appropriate, particularly on the usenet side, perhaps it would
be good to set up a group of moderators? Ideally, they could be spread
around the globe and take shifts, to get good time coverage.

Oh, and thanks, Mike, for stirring up the hornets' nest. ;-P
(Somebody had to take the brunt of it.)

--
Joel <rees(at)ddcom(dot)co(dot)jp>