Contribute to the development of PostgreSQL

From: "Gevik Babakhani" <g(dot)babakhani(at)rubicongroup(dot)biz>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Contribute to the development of PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-11-03 10:00:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dear Folks,

Sometime ago I posted a message regarding learning to develop and contribute
to the development of PostgreSQL. I started my journey with downloading the
sources and take a look at the bits and pieces of the code. As I was
expecting it to be, my journey was and still is ponderous one. I can image
the same for other newbie's like myself and the fact that some like myself
come from a windows development world than *nix.

Therefore I was thinking to build a website concerning a "how to contribute
and develop to PostgreSQL".

The idea is to show the following:

1. How to configure the compiler tools for windows and *nix

2. How to make changes, compile and debug

3. Where to start the learning curve in the source code.

4. If requested by any to document the code as I advance.

5. etc.. etc..

I would like to hear your opinion and whether anyone is interested in
helping.

Regards,

Gevik.