Re: PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal
Date: 2004-11-01 20:44:32
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Sunday 31 October 2004 19:40, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> > Bricolage...
> > The problem is that it requires Perl Mason expertise to
> > set up and design pages, and our WWW team is primarily
> > HTML and PHP coders.
>
> Also, the author of Bricolage is fairly active on some of
> our lists, and I'm sure would be very willing to help out.
> Bricolage would actually be a really good choice for our
> website (if not now, then later) as it is one of the best
> products out there (in any category) that showcases PostgreSQL.

I know no one believes that the web team ever looked at any CMS packages, but
just a couple of the problems that bric had were supporting the interactive
docs, duplicating content out of CVS, and the ability to do translations of
content. On the latter David even said that it was something that could not
be supported *at the time*, and we certainly were in no position to hire him
to do the work needed to get it supported. AFAIK he did have plans to fix
the latter for another client, but I'm not sure if it is done, nor feeling
overly optimistic that there is enough developer support to help setup or
debug a new installation for the postgresql website (since I'm sure it would
require more than just David being willing to "help out")

--
Robert Treat