BUG #1301: pg_restore failed on AMD 64bit machine

From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1301: pg_restore failed on AMD 64bit machine
Date: 2004-10-29 15:08:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1301
Logged by: hongyi

Email address: hongyi_gao(at)hotmail(dot)com

PostgreSQL version: 7.4.5

Operating system: SuSe 9.1

Details:

pg_restore has flow on AMD64 machine.

When I try restore a backup (made by pg_dump with -Fc option), when it
reaches some specific table/at some specific positions in the backup file,
it will fail. This only happened on 64bit machines with version 7.4.0-7.4.6

Error Message:
pg_restore: [custom archiver] error during file seek: Invalid argument

For a specific backup, it'll always fail at the same place.

But, if I copy the backup data to other 32bit machines, and run pg_restore
with -h remotely restore the data, everything is fine. It's succesfully
finished.

Tried version 7.4.6, still failed.
Tried compile source and install, same.

a bug in pg_restore.