PgSQL8 beta4 ODBC, JDBC and WinXP sk_SK

From: BARTKO, Zoltán <bartko(dot)zoltan(at)pobox(dot)sk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PgSQL8 beta4 ODBC, JDBC and WinXP sk_SK
Date: 2004-10-29 06:48:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello folks,

I have installed PgSQL8 beta4 via pginstaller to WinXP. I must tell
you I am more familiar with Linux, so maybe my problem is trivial to
solve:

I made myself a table with PgAdmin III (I was lazy to use psql) that
I tried to reach via ODBC. I created connection to my database,
supplied a user, server, etc., all that was needed.

I tried to test the ODBC bridge via OpenOffice. After setting
everything as it had to be, I got something like column 'oid' does
not exist. So I tried to access the data from MS Word. I got
something like unable to access the data or no data was there in the
db (I am sorry, I do not remember things that well and was in
Slovak).

After this I tried JDBC via OpenOffice. I was always getting
something like unable to load driver in spite of setting everything
as described at jdbc.postgresql.org, e.g. adding the jdbc driver to
the classpath, specifying org.postgresql.Driver as the driver class,
entering jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/myDB.

Am I doing something wrong? If so, what?

Thanks

Zoltan

http://www.pobox.sk/ - najvacsi slovensky freemail