Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Mitch Pirtle <mitch(dot)pirtle(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL.org Design Proposal
Date: 2004-10-28 15:19:29
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Dave Page wrote:

>> Third, the 'web presence' of the Postgres community as a
>> whole is a mess. Gborg, pgfoundry, www, advocacy, how many
>> other sites are there? And in what state? Sheesh, this is
>> as bad as python. (slaps
>> forehead)
>
> Precisely my point - we know this, and its part of the longterm plan.
> Catch up on the previous discussions first, and then you'll be in a
> better position to object to doing it 'our way (TM)'.

Stupid question ... do we have somewhere a layout of the long term plan?
For instance, eventually we want to merge Gborg -> PgFoundry, so that we
have one projects related site ... I believe(?) advocacy is meant to merge
into www itself? And there has been talk of better integrating developer,
at least in so far as layout?

----