Postgres vs. the rest

From: "Derek Dexheimer" <dex3703(at)juno(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres vs. the rest
Date: 2004-10-28 18:08:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hello,

I am looking into PostgreSQL and am looking for general functional information, as well as comparisons to other DBMSes, specifically SQL Server and MySQL. I'd be interested in any general info anybody has. It'd be even better if you were in the Seattle area, so I could talk to someone locally. :)

I'm curious in that some of the advocacy documents talk about PostgreSQL being 'object-relational'. What does this mean exactly?

Also, are there any native .NET data providers available for PostgreSQL?

Thanks,
Derek Dexheimer

Now includes pop-up blocker!