JDBC CTS 1.2.1 (was: Re: patch: bring org/postgresql/test/README up to date)

From: Vadim Nasardinov <vadimn(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC CTS 1.2.1 (was: Re: patch: bring org/postgresql/test/README up to date)
Date: 2004-10-27 18:15:39
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Friday 22 October 2004 18:40, Kris Jurka wrote:
> I've applied this, but I think more effort should be made in getting
> this information into the documentation on the website:
>
> http://jdbc.postgresql.org/development/intro.html#Test+Suite

Sure, that makes sense. I hadn't noticed this document. The CVS page
[1] did not mention that in addition to

$ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org:/usr/local/cvsroot/pgjdbc co -P pgjdbc

you could also check out

$ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:anonymous(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org:/usr/local/cvsroot/pgjdbc co -P www

Now that you mentioned it, I'll keep this in mind.

> > The document refers to
> > http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_2_1.html
> > Would it make sense to provide instructions for the seemingly
> > newer test suite available at
> > http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_3_1.html
>
> Yes. I know Dave Cramer was spending some time trying to get
> PostgreSQL to pass the newer version, so you might hit him up for
> the sql scripts and configuration he used.

Before attempting to tackle the 1.3.1 suite, I tried to get 1.2.1 up
and running. My results are as follows:

PASSED: 1778
FAILED: 510

The attached report lists the names of failing tests. Do these
numbers seem to be in the right ballpark, or am I wildly off base
here? I haven't begun to take a closer look at failures [2] yet.
Thought I'd ask here first.

BTW, I wrote a little script to automate the testsuite setup [3]. If
anyone finds it useful, it might make sense to find a place for it in
CVS.

Thanks,
Vadim

Footnotes