PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 4 Now Available

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 4 Now Available
Date: 2004-10-26 00:13:45
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

After 4 weeks of work, involving alot of bug fixes, and documentation
improvements, to the source tree, we have just released our 4th Beta of
8.0.0. Most of the items on Bruce's Open Items list have been completed,
but we still have a half dozen or so Windows related items still open.

For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 1 was released, please
see:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta3-to-Beta4

That said, Beta 4 is currently available for download on all mirrors:

http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

David Fetter has also updated the Bittorrent Site with the latest beta,
available:

http://bt.postgresql.org

And, finally, Magnus Hagander has released a Beta4 version of
pginstaller, the Windows Installer, available:

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller/

Note: pginstaller is also available via anon-ftp on all of the mirror
sites, under the projects/pgfoundry directory ...

As with all releases, the success of this release falls in the your hands ...
to go from Beta -> Release, we need as many people out there to put it through
her paces as possible, on as many platforms as possible. We urge anyone, and
everyone, to download a copy and run her through her regression tests, and
report any/all problems, and bugs, to

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org

The more bugs we can find, and eliminate, during Beta, the more successful the
Release will be ...

Once more, on behalf of all of the developers, Happy Bug Hunting ...