newbie

From: Rick <ricardo(dot)blanco(at)indap(dot)com(dot)mx>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: newbie
Date: 2004-10-25 22:48:54
Lists: pgsql-general

i installed mandrake 10 on my pc, and i choose postgresql as db, i installed
it before in windows, but in linux i dont have idea what happends, i
remebered that i should create an user, but in linux the process is auto and
i when i try to connect by pgadmin i dont know user and password =(

i wrote in user postgre and trusted server but it says

Error connecting to the server: could not connect to server: Connection
refused
Is the server running on host 127.0.0.1 and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

and the server is up, the service is running, who can help me please?? =(

  • Re: newbie at 2004-10-25 23:10:44 from Uwe C. Schroeder