Beta3 much slower than Beta2

From: "Enrico Riedel" <enricoriedel(at)thunderelectricinc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Beta3 much slower than Beta2
Date: 2004-10-22 21:27:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi!

I just tried to use the new Beta 3 of PostGRE SQL 8.0. However, I found that
the Beta 3 is much slower than the B2.

To the setup: I use the Win32 version of PGRE SQL8. The table that I am
working with has about 1.1M records in it and is indexed on several columns.
By searching the indexed columns the DB used to be very fast. The data
retrieval used to be more or less instantaneous. In Beta 3 it takes about 4
seconds to retrieve the same amount of data. E.g. I searched for "EAG",
which returns about 50 records. In B2 the retrieval time was less than 1s,
in B3 it's about 3-4 seconds.

Thx,

Enrico