Need help

From: "Chris White (cjwhite)" <cjwhite(at)cisco(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Need help
Date: 2004-10-20 18:57:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am running 7.4.2 and I am seeing a strange error. I am using jdbc to
update a table with the following statement:

update vm_message set usecount=4 where messsage id='1234567';

this statements generates a PSQLException with the following message:

ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "vm_message_pkey"

I don't understand why I am getting this message because the primary key for
table vm_message is messageid and this is not being changed

Any body have any ideas?

Chris White