finding data violating constraint

From: "Keith Worthington" <keithw(at)narrowpathinc(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: finding data violating constraint
Date: 2004-10-19 13:04:46
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

I am trying to build a foreign key constraint. The objective is to prevent
parts from being entered that do not have a valid sales account. When I try
to build the constraint it fails telling me that there is a violation. I have
looked at the data and just can't seem to find the problem. Is there a way to
find the data that is causing the problem? I tried deleting all the data and
building the constraint. That of course works but then I am unable to load
the data and I have no better idea of where the problem is located.

Kind Regards,
Keith

99main Internet Services http://www.99main.com