Re: Additional Material for Press Page

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Additional Material for Press Page
Date: 2004-10-17 00:39:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 04:58:46PM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Functions: PostgreSQL functions now support emacs-style $dollar$
> quoting allowing users to avoid messy nested quotes. Further, as an
> benefit of the new Savepoints, PL/pgSQL functions now have limited
> exception-handling ability using the EXCEPTION clause.

"emacs-style"? I thought dollar quoting was invented here. Would it be
good to detail the enhancements to pl/perl here? What about pl/php?

> Database Design: Database administrators can now change columns
> in-place to other compatible data types using ALTER TABLE.

Lose the "compatible"; you can in fact change anything using arbitrary
transformations.

> Links To Other PostgreSQL Resources:

What about a list of externally provided PLs?

> Graphical User Interfaces:
> pgAdminIII
> phpPGAdmin
> pgAccess

Is pgAccess still alive?

"La victoria es para quien se atreve a estar solo"