Re: Some developer FAQ links need updating

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Troels Arvin <troels(at)arvin(dot)dk>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Some developer FAQ links need updating
Date: 2004-10-15 16:19:46
Lists: pgsql-docs

Peter, Folks:

> Since we have limited resources, I think it's OK that we concentrate on
> working with the latest official standards version. And because the latest
> standards version is modularized and has individual feature lists and
> packages, it would be a lot easier for us to look good, and it would be
> more useful for users to, say, specify a workable set of requirements for
> their applications.

FWIW, there's two standards that application developers are concerned with as
far as I can tell: SQL92, which is the "stable" standard that ensures
cross-database compatibility (as well as the only standard that is readable)
and SQL2003, which is the current standard and ensures buzzowrd-compliance as
well as future prospects.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions