Re: Movement of FAQ's

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Movement of FAQ's
Date: 2004-10-14 22:31:22
Lists: pgsql-www

I have updated the MinGW FAQ with a new heading and pointing to the
pginstaller FAQ:

Compiling PostgreSQL On Native Win32 FAQ

Last updated: Thu Oct 14 18:22:57 EDT 2004

Current maintainer: Bruce Momjian (pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us)

The most recent version of this document can be viewed at
http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/project/win32.html.

The FAQ for running PostgreSQL on native Win32 is at
http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/FAQ_windows.html.

The native Win32 port is built from source using MinGW tools. There
is also a precompiled binary installer called
pginstaller which you can download from
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller. It is a fully native build and
uses no additional software like MinGW.