Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [GENERAL] Reusable pl/pgsql

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robby Russell <robby(at)planetargon(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, armenrz(at)starprise(dot)net, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [GENERAL] Reusable pl/pgsql
Date: 2004-10-13 21:15:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-www

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 16:08, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > I've
> > no problem sticking with your road map if you feel that's where we need
> > to go, but I've also no problem letting different people work
> > independently and going with whatever solution comes out first (sort of
> > ansari xprize style)
>
> We're fond of doing that as a community. Unfortunately, with each
> separate developer working on each separate solution, often nothing gets
> finished. I personally don't see any value in fragmented efforts just so
> that people don't have to work with anyone else's code. We're an OSS
> project, we're supposed to be about *pooling* talent/code.

Fair enough. But I can bring up several cases where waiting to implement a
preferred solution meant nothing getting done at all.

Bruce has sent me the cookbook code, I plan to look at it and see how feasible
it is to get it up and running. Also, I looked in the bug list for the
pgfoundry project and didn't see anything about the broken code snippits
problem, perhaps you can post a bug in there and shoot me a link?

--
Robert Treat