Re: Function editor

From: "Tony Caduto" <tony(dot)caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Function editor
Date: 2004-10-11 14:06:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

You do realize that have a monitor that large is not the norm right?
I myself have a 19inch LCD and it's max resolution is 1280x1024 and I
maximize all my windows when editing in any app.
I keep VS.net maximised all the time along with Delphi 7, if I open up a
Open Office writer doc, I maximize it.
With standard windows apps this is not a issue because you can simply click
on the task bar and move to any other open app, you can't seem to do this
with PGAdmin either because the function editor does not show in the task
bar because it's form style is set to be a dialog.
In my opinion the function editor should not be considered a dialog like the
sequence properties is, it works for the sequence because you don't edit any
text with it.
Not having the function editor in the task bar cuts down on productivity
because it's difficult to have more than 1 open at a time, you can do it,but
you have to drag them around on the screen because they open right on top of
each other and because they don't go to the background they block the main
form of the application.

Maybe if I had a huge monitor I might change my habits, but I like many many
others don't.

I work for a large corp and most of the PC's in the wild are still running
at 800x600 or 1024x768.

Now if you were running at one of these lower resolutions wouldn't you want
to maximize the editor window?

The funciton editor is the one place that really needs some improvement to
increase productivity.

I am not trying to be a jerk about this, just pointing out the facts.