Re: Array elements (urgent help needed)

From: Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Akbar Mokhtarani <akbarm(at)slac(dot)stanford(dot)edu>, PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Array elements (urgent help needed)
Date: 2004-10-04 03:45:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I really haven't work with arrays that much at the C
level, but I thought that the result from PQgetvalue
was just a char string. If it is an array, I thought
that the string would look like: {elem1, elem2,
elem3, ...}.

I don't think there are any helper functions for this,
so you need to manually walk that char string to peel
out the elements...at least as far as I am aware. You
might want to look at the how the operators for arrays
access the elements, e.g. the <> operator for arrays.

Again, I'm not expert, but this is what I had thought
is the case. I hope I understood your question.

HTH,

--brett