Error : could not send data to client

From: vab ip <vab_ip(at)yahoo(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error : could not send data to client
Date: 2004-09-27 16:34:40
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

Perhaps could you help me...

We work under Windows. Postgres is installed and functions in the form of service NT (postmaster). We also use a service "cron" which carries out regular tasks (same than the crontab under Linux).

We added an order (carried out every hour) in the "crontab" who launches file Shell script. This last file carries out (with psql call) a function defined in our PostGres database. The task is well carried out but the function does not seem to be carried out or not called. If we carry out the same file Shell script under Cygwin, the function is called and all the treatment is carried out.

For information, in the log postmaster, we have the following messages:

<<ERROR: could not send data to client: Connection aborted

<<CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "calculactivitesite" line 18 at SQL statement

<<LOG: could not receive data from client: Connection aborted

<<LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection

I realize that my message is long, but I tried to describe the situation as well as possible (especially taking into account my english level).

Thank you for your assistance.

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !