Re: Postgres SQL Monitor tool

From: Lutz Steinborn <l(dot)steinborn(at)4c-ag(dot)de>
To: Theo Galanakis <Theo(dot)Galanakis(at)lonelyplanet(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres SQL Monitor tool
Date: 2004-09-22 06:10:05
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Theo,

yes you can log every SQL statement.
Just edit the postgresql.conf and delete the remark (#) from the following line:
#log_statement = false

Then restart postgres.

After this you can find every statement in the postgresql.log. On Gentoo you can
find this log in /var/lib/postgresql/data.

But keep in mind that logging every statement takes a lot of time.

Best regards
Lutz

--
Lutz Steinborn mailto:l(dot)steinborn(at)4c-ag(dot)de
4c AG Tel +49 6092 999592