Create Linux Script for PostgreSQL database backup

From: Lawrence C <research_2004(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Create Linux Script for PostgreSQL database backup
Date: 2004-09-01 13:20:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,

Anyone good in writing Linux scripting for backup
PostgreSQL. I just required a simple scripts only.

Normally we do the manual ways as following:

In root

root# su – postgres
bash# pgdumpall > backup.sql
bash# exit
root#

I’m planning to write script.sh for cronjob but not
too sure about it. Can anyone contribute the scripts
for me?

Thanks in advance