Re: Sixth Draft

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: josh(at)bitbuckets(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Sixth Draft
Date: 2004-09-01 17:59:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Guys,

> > Improved Memory and I/O usage:  With this release of PostgreSQL, disk
> > input/output subsystems have been improved to use shared buffers more
> > effectively, yielding significant increases in speed and performance.

Comment from Jan:

Improved Memory and I/O:  Disk and memory usage have been improved thanks to
the contributions of Afilias Inc., through Adaptive Resource Cache, the
Background Writer, and Lazy Vacuum. This will result in more predictable
loads and substantially better performance during peak usage times.

More re-writes tonight!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus