Re: [OT?] Problems with majordomo :-)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Ennio-Sr <nasr(dot)laili(at)tin(dot)it>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [OT?] Problems with majordomo :-)
Date: 2004-08-31 20:10:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 08:15:27PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> there are two ways in which a message would drop off the face of the earth
> ... Spamassassin scored it high enough to be considered spam, or the virus
> checker detected a virus :( In both cases, the messages are just drop'd
> into /dev/null ...

Don't forget my problem with mail being lost in the air with a strange
error message from a postmaster somewhere in the relay chain (I suspect
commandprompt.com). It was never resolved, and I had one person telling
me a week ago that he could not subscribe to the list for this reason (I
had to subscribe him manually).

> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Ennio-Sr wrote:
>
> >I'm experiencing some weird behaviour by majordomo-owner (not answering
> >my posts, even older than a week) and also with pgsql-novice and cygwin,
> >I addressed a few posts to them which are nowhere to be seen (a search
> >in the Archives also gives no result!); neither do I receive any
> >acknowledgemt of reject or stall, which I set for. Even with 'general'
> >there seem to be problems: I saw a couple of posts mailed recently, but
> >couldn't see my answers, although the selfcopy is set.
> >Could anibody explain what is going on?

> >P.S. I do receive other people's post, apparently all of them.

You don't know if you receive them all ... remember, maybe there is some
data loss, but the records of data loss is also lost.

"Entristecido, Wutra (canción de Las Barreras)
echa a Freyr a rodar
y a nosotros al mar"