Re: expected both swapped tables to have TOAST tables

From: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: expected both swapped tables to have TOAST tables
Date: 2004-08-31 23:36:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday 31 August 2004 3:52 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com> writes:
> > I tried to truncate a table and received the following error:
> > "expected both swapped tables to have TOAST tables".
> > Googling provided no insight. What does it mean?
>
> It's a bug. You probably dropped the last toastable column from
> the table.

Thanks. This table was created from another table as a "create table
foo as select * from bar limit 0" followed by an "alter table foo
drop column lastcolumn" so that would make sense.

As long as this isn't indicitave of future problems with this table I
won't worry as it is only being used for a couple weeks for debugging
and will only have inserts from here on out.

Cheers,
Steve