BUG #1233: JDBC driver: moveToCurrentRow fails

From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1233: JDBC driver: moveToCurrentRow fails
Date: 2004-08-27 09:59:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1233
Logged by: David Bucciarelli

Email address: dbucciarelli(at)tradesoft(dot)it

PostgreSQL version: 7.4.3

Operating system: Linux Suse 9.0

Details:

The method moveToCurrentRow in the ResultSet class of the JDBC driver fails
with the following message:

"Result Set not updateable. The query that generated this result set must
select only one table, and must select all primary keys from that table. See
the JDBC 2.1 API Specification, section 5.6 for more details."

even if the query _include_ all primary keys and selects only one table (the
same code works fine with other JDBC drivers: i.e. MySql).

I guess this happen because the code at line 679 of the
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.moveToCurrentRow should be:

if ( !isUpdateable() )

instead of:

if (!updateable)

Thanks and my best regards,