long term persistent tunnels

From: David Bear <David(dot)Bear(at)asu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: long term persistent tunnels
Date: 2004-08-19 23:29:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

Now that I have ssh tunneling working I am wondering what pitfalls
away.

Assume I have a server called db1 running the postgresql backend.

Asume I have another server called web1 that will be connecting to db1
for data base operations. If I setup an ssh tunnel should I be aware
of any problems with 1) spontaneously dropped connections...2) long
term time out -- 3)other?

any advice most appreciated.

--
David Bear