Re: PGSQL 8-beta For WinXP Home Edition Instructions

From: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGSQL 8-beta For WinXP Home Edition Instructions
Date: 2004-08-13 17:13:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

Markus,

I didn't want to install it as a service since I do lots of things on my laptop besides database development. I want to manually start and stop the program.

I will try some things later this afternoon and post my level of success.

Thanks,

Jeff

Markus Bertheau <twanger(at)bluetwanger(dot)de> wrote:
, 13.08.2004, 05:17, operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com :

> Can anybody help get me started here? I've downloaded the 8-beta .msi
> file and ran set up on my XP Home laptop. Now I have no clue what to
> do.

I guess you have a service now that you can start. Then use psql from
the command line or pgAdmin or another app to access the database.

--
Markus Bertheau