Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date: 2004-08-13 23:30:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Peter,

> I've been to several conventions and exhibitions of highly varying kind,
> and I've never heard anyone say, "we would like to use PostgreSQL, but
> our misinformed boss won't allow it".

I think this may be an area where the US and Europe are a bit different.
While I don't get the above quote, I do constantly get requests for
references around "who else is using it" because nobody over here wants to be
a maverick. In fact, I fielded just two such today ... and one of them from
a company which already has experience with PostgreSQL!

So I think some balance is called for in the press release.

--
-Josh Berkus
"A developer of Very Little Brain"