Re: Request for download stats on release

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Request for download stats on release
Date: 2004-08-12 22:15:42
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Dave,
>
>> ?? I sent you numbers for 7.4....
>
> Yes, but per previous discussion:
> 1) The numbers for 7.4 omitted the largest traffic mirrors;
> 2) For several of the smaller mirrors, those numbers were for the week *after*
> the week of release, also limiting the data.

/var/log/xferlog on developer.postgresql.org contains everything frm June
4th of last year until ftp.postgresql.org was redirected to a different VM
(I can give you those too) ... that is the main ftp site only, but again,
the idea is to get an idea of % increase from release to release ... you
won't get an exact #, but at least you can start to get approx values ...

----