Re: Beta Leader?

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beta Leader?
Date: 2004-08-10 03:46:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Monday 09 August 2004 13:15, Josh Berkus wrote:
> 1) track platform tests, namely which platforms have been tested, what they
> reported, and which have not, including soliciting on the lists for more
> platform testers;

I wonder, would folks be interested in keeping a "supported programs" list as
well? People could download various packages that they use regularly (Horde,
DCL, OpenACS,etc..) that connect to postgresql, verify that the programs
still work with 8.0, and then either report success or failure to the
appropriate parties. I mention this because I seem to recall some
application developers being caught off-gaurd by changes made in 7.4 since
thier apps were never tested against the 7.4 beta. We could certainly
devote some wiki space on techdocs for such a listing if folks thought it
would be worth it.

--
Robert Treat
Build A Better Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL