Re: Open items

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Open items
Date: 2004-08-06 15:33:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Hrmmm, stupid question here, but why not just change hte postgresql.conf
> to be those variables that *are* changed from the default, with a simple
> comment pointing to the documention for the rest? the benefit of that is
> that at lesat the documentation has fuller descriptions of what the
> variables are for ...
>
> *that* could be easily done after beta ...

Not sure why removing the comments is seen as good myself, but I think
the idea was that if you comment out something and change the default,
you assume that commenting it out returns it to the default, though it
does not.

I am unclear on your suggestion above.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us