Re: A thread about SPs -- mentioning PostgreSQL

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A thread about SPs -- mentioning PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-07-31 07:41:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 09:22:18AM +0300, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> There is a new thread at /. "Stored Procedures - Good or Bad?", and it
> mentions about PostgreSQL among enterprise databases:
>
> http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/04/07/30/2324206.shtml?tid=198&tid=156&tid=4&tid=1&tid=8&tid=218

Very interesting. A gem:

I used to work for an ecommerce (java/ejb) website that needed to ditch
it's oracle licensing (we were running out of money) and had to switch
everything over to mysql. Our site featured a custom built ecommerce
site, forums and a few external services (feeds like weather etc).

Because we designed everything using EJBs and a decent middle tier we
were able to convert everything over in two days (two senior
developers).

"Ni aun el genio muy grande llegaría muy lejos
si tuviera que sacarlo todo de su propio interior" (Goethe)