Postgresql and OS cluster

From: Nilabhra Banerjee <nil_ban(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql and OS cluster
Date: 2004-07-30 09:37:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi friends,

I am loading Potsgresql in shared hard disks. The Disk
cluster is shared by two nodes. The nodes can access
the disks asynchronously, i.e, the node coming up
first gets disk. I have loaded the postgresql in local
disk of one node and issued initdb command to put the
datapath in shared disk and then created database.
Right now I am installing postgresql in local disk of
node 2, that must point to the same database in shared
disk. Now do I need to run initdb again... or running
postmaster directly (when node 2 is up and node 1 is
down) can make the database up?

Regards
Nil