Re: good use of locale-settings (lang=, lc_...=)

From: Mike G <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
To: "zuhans(at)iname(dot)com" <zuhans(at)iname(dot)com>
Cc: Mike G <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: good use of locale-settings (lang=, lc_...=)
Date: 2004-07-29 04:09:30
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Your welcome,

I do believe that C still counts for your data (indexes will be created using C / no locale). You can however specify that a different locale's properties be used for some formatting options but not sorting.

Chapter 20 in the docs, specifically 20.1.1 would help.

You could also check the pgsql-general mailing list. Not too long ago there was quite a discussion on locale if I remember correctly. This particular mailing list is really more for getting postgres running under cygwin which is why it is so quiet.

You have reached my limit of knowledge on this subject.

HTH

Mike