BUG #1202: Primary Key constraint not respected

From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1202: Primary Key constraint not respected
Date: 2004-07-28 10:03:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1202
Logged by: Enrico

Email address: carrara(at)pd(dot)infn(dot)it

PostgreSQL version: 7.4

Operating system: linux Debian Sarge

Details:

Hi, I'm using version 7.4.2.
I created this table (italian text, sorry):

prova=> \d crate
Tabella "public.crate"
Colonna | Tipo | Modificatori
----------+---------+---------------------
code | integer | not null
location | integer | default 1
capacity | integer | not null default 70
Indici:
"code" chiave primaria, btree (code)

("code" is primay key, without oids)

I entered twice the same "code" and I got no error, as you can see:

prova=> select * from crate where code > 500;
code | location | capacity
------+----------+----------
503 | 1 | 48
503 | 1 | 48
501 | 1 | 1
502 | 1 | 1
504 | 1 | 48
(5 righe)

It happened only once, now it correctly says:

prova=> insert into crate (code) values (503);
ERROR: duplicate key violates unique constraint "code"

Thanks.
-E-nrico