BUG #1201: void functions called through jdbc driver return error

From: "PostgreSQL Bugs List" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #1201: void functions called through jdbc driver return error
Date: 2004-07-27 06:19:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 1201
Logged by: Jonathan Scott

Email address: jwscott(at)vanten(dot)com

PostgreSQL version: 7.4

Operating system: Linux

Details:

Hello all,

At work here, we are considering upgrading from 7.3 to 7.4, but we've hit a
bit of a snag. We have functions in our schema that have return void. When
called through the 7.4's JDBC driver, we get the following error:

ERROR: function "fulfill_cctrans_item" in FROM has unsupported return type

Our DB unit tests seem to indicate the function is defined and works
correctly; we just get the error when accessing it through the JDBC driver.

Inside our Java code, we use executeQuery() on a CallableStatement object,
as below:

stmt = con.prepareCall("{ call " + statement + "}");
stmt.executeQuery();

Any more info needed, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
Jonathan