Re: [subxacts] Savepoint syntax

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [subxacts] Savepoint syntax
Date: 2004-07-26 15:00:47
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 04:58:01PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

Hackers,

This is the good patch. Actually I was testing the old build and
not the new code at all, because I failed to run my install script
to completion! I am surprised that it didn't have a lot more errors.

> Attached is the savepoints syntax patch, hopefully last try.
> Essentially the same as the last patch, with the following differences:
>
> - ROLLBACK TO changes TBLOCK state of the to-be-affected subtransactions
> instead of a static var.
>
> - A new function RollbackAndReleaseSavepoint can be used to rollback to
> a savepoint without creating it again. There's no way to trigger it
> from the grammar though (mainly for use in functions handlers, I
> think, though we can make it available directly to the user if there
> is a need for it.)
>
> - Tab completion patch from Gaetano is included.

"La vida es para el que se aventura"

Attachment Content-Type Size
savepoints-8.patch text/plain 67.5 KB