Re: Can't increase max connections

From: Roberto De Shong <shong_1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't increase max connections
Date: 2004-07-25 23:15:08
Lists: pgsql-admin

Actually I got it solved, I recompiled the kernel adding the options below:
options SYSVSHM
options SYSVSEM
options SYSVMSG
options SHMMAXPGS=65536
options SEMMNI=40
options SEMMNS=240
options SEMUME=40
options SEMMNU=120

And I made the following modifications to postgresql.conf:

shared_buffers = 4096
max_fsm_relations = 1024
max_fsm_pages = 16384
sort_mem = 4096

I was tthen able to increase it, I only set maxconnections to 200, because I'm using database pooling to manage connections which I'm only using 80 connections max.

Thanks.

Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com> wrote:

Roberto De Shong