Re: French translation updates for 7.4 and 7.5

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: LELARGE Guillaume <gleu(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: French translation updates for 7.4 and 7.5
Date: 2004-07-25 12:00:40
Lists: pgsql-patches

LELARGE Guillaume wrote:
> LELARGE Guillaume a écrit :
> > Here is the latest .po file for the french 7.4 version. You'll also
> > find updates for 7.5 .po files.
> >
> > Please, apply to the respectives branches.
>
> I didn't see them applied in CVS. Are they wrong ?

Let's say they needed a bit of inspection. A couple of hints for the
future:

- Choose either ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8859-15 as encoding, not both.

- Please actually encode the files in the declared encoding. The pg_ctl
translation was partially encoded in UTF-8. I did not install that
one.

- Please read the message style guidelines at
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/error-style-guide.html
(or make up your local equivalent). In particular, the capitalization
seems to be handled inconsistently.

- Please control the garbage that KBabel generates. If the top of the
file looks like

# translation of postgres.po to FR_fr
# translation of postgres.po to Français
# translation of postgres.po to
# translation of postgres.po to
# translation of postgres.po to
# translation of postgres.po to
# Lelarge Guillaume <gleu(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>, 2004.
# Guillaume Lelarge <gleu(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>, 2004.
#
msgid ""

that doesn't look too pretty.

--