PostgreSQL development

From: Suresh Tri <trisuresh(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL development
Date: 2004-07-23 09:21:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

We are a bunch(about 10)of enthusiastic software
engineers from Bangalore who strongly believe in
opensource.
We are currently looking at the prospect of improving
the PostgreSQL to the enterprise level. At first we
would like to take PostgreSQL atleast to the level of
Oracle 7i or 8i. We already have the difflist of
features differences between Oracle 8i and the current
PostgreSQL(7.4). But we are finding it hard to
prioritize the features.
What do you think are the important features that are
present in Oracle 8i but absent in the current
PostgreSQL ehich the enterprises look at. It would be
of the great help if you can tell us about these
featues and also the way in which we can contribute to
the PostgreSQL development.

Yours truly,
Suresh