Re: InformationWeek article on PostgreSQL

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: InformationWeek article on PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-07-21 20:24:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Simon,

> The Aberdeen report is very poorly written. ISTM that they are confused
> as to which database is which and have done very little research beyond
> they "spoke to some MySQL users". The report seems to have been
> re-published recently, with no updated facts. If your listening boys,
> sue me - I could do with a new car.

Apparently the author no longer works for Aberdeen. So maybe they weren't
happy with the report either. I took up the inaccuracies with SleepyCat,
who commissioned the report, and they took it up with Aberdeen ... but I
don't know what happened after that. Certainly they haven't corrected the
report.

I don't think there's anything we *can* do at the moment other than take it up
with an attorney, which really hasn't been our project's style.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions