Re: Patch for pg_dump: Multiple -t options and new -T option

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, "David F(dot) Skoll" <dfs(at)roaringpenguin(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for pg_dump: Multiple -t options and new -T option
Date: 2004-07-20 14:39:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> > Weeeeell, I guess I'm against it based on the rules of feature freeze,
> > even though it would be really useful for me :(
>
> It would have been a lot easier to approve it if it'd arrived on June 30
> rather than July 6 :-(. However, I do believe that David originally
> submitted a slightly-too-late version of this in the previous release
> cycle, so maybe we could cut him a little slack and pretend this is a
> mistakenly-forgotten patch that we held over from 7.4.

Yes, I do see one from 7.4 but it was submitted by someone else:

Message 179/231 Andreas Joseph Krogh
Oct 1, 2003 04:00:08 pm +0200
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [HACKERS] Patch for allowing multiple -t <table-name> options
for pg_dump
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:00:08 +0200

This si my first look at the pg-code, so it may not comply with the
coding-standards. I haven't coded in C for a while either, so if someone
finds a better way to implement this, go ahead, but this patch works for
me
with 7.4beta3.

http://home.officenet.no/~andreak/pg_dump.c.diff

comments are welcome.

If it's ok, I'll remove my debuging statements and provide a cleaner
patch.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us