Re: NT + deadlock intended behaviour ?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: NT + deadlock intended behaviour ?
Date: 2004-07-18 05:33:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 01:16:17AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl> writes:
> > First of all, let me point that the behavior on deadlock has been agreed
> > to change. Instead of only aborting the innermost transaction, it will
> > abort the whole transaction tree.
>
> Who agreed to that?

Huh? I showed this example to Bruce on IRC several days ago, while you
were away -- he said (or at least I understood) that he talked to you
and you agreed to this behavior.

Maybe I was confused about what he said. This is a small change from
the implementation POV anyway (two lines patch).

"El número de instalaciones de UNIX se ha elevado a 10,
y se espera que este número aumente" (UPM, 1972)