Re: ODBC Developers

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC Developers
Date: 2004-07-16 06:22:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-odbc

Dave Page wrote:
> 1) ODBC 3 compliance should be checked. Are all the required ODBC
> functions present. Do they work as expected.

A brief status on this: We have all ODBC 3 functions in the code, but
the following functions claim various forms of "not (fully)
implemented":

BrowseConnect
ColumnPrivileges
DescribeParam
GetDescRec
SetDescRec

Whether any function works as expected is of course undecidable. :-)

> 2) Ditto, Unicode versions of all the functions.

We have almost all the required Unicode functions, but some functions
are in the file odbcapi25w.c, which is not linked in anywhere. What's
up with that? The function GetDescRecW is completely missing.

The additional required SQL functions are also mostly present, but there
seems to be some duplication/overlap between convert.c and odbc.sql,
that isn't quite clear to me yet.

Overall it looks quite good from the conformance point of view.

--
Peter Eisentraut