initdb failed

From: jithendra roy <jith_n(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: initdb failed
Date: 2004-07-15 05:19:55
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

In cygwin prompt I mentioned like this to start postgresql

$ ipc-daemon2 &

[1] 2964

$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -W -E LATIN1

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "Jithendra Roy

".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data... ok

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base... ok

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global... ok

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog... ok

creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_clog... ok

selecting default max_connections... Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

1010

selecting default shared_buffers... Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

Signal 12

50

creating configuration files... ok

creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1... Signal 12

initdb: failed

initdb: removing data directory "/usr/local/pgsql/data"

$

Here my problem is initdb is failed, so pls help me and give your suggestions how to slove this problem.

Pls give me as early as possible

Thanks,

Jithendra