Re: Weird join...

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Costin Manda <costin(at)interpoint(dot)ro>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Weird join...
Date: 2004-07-13 11:43:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 12:02:38 +0300,
Costin Manda <costin(at)interpoint(dot)ro> wrote:

Please keep responses posted to the list while discussing the problem
so that others can comment and learn from the discussion.

> Well, I don't have that option. I have the tables already and they are
> continually changed by programs not under my control. I need to join them
> like I said above.
>
> If there is no SQL method to do it, then I guess I must do it with a
> temporary table and another join, but I am wondering if it is a simpler way,
> because another table and join would just slow things down.

If you know how to extract the country code from the full phone number
then you can use that expression/function in a join and it will do what
you want. You will probably want to make an index on that expression
or function.