Re: Is "trust" really a good default?

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Merlin Moncure <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is "trust" really a good default?
Date: 2004-07-13 00:32:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

It has probably be said before, but new users need
to be able to get up and running on their *development*
system quickly. Throwing new users for a loop with
the password configuration issues would be a problem.

Most people would put up a test server first anyway
in order to check things out and configure as necessary.

--elein